When to see your doctor
When to see the doctor
- If a joint has become acutely inflamed – it will feel more painful, tender and swollen.
- If you have any other new symptoms as well as your usual joint pain.
- If your joint pain followed a recent injury.
- If your joint pain is unexpectedly much worse than usual.
- If as well as joint pain you feel generally unwell.
- If your joint pain has begun to interfere with normal daily life.
If you have recently started taking new medication, it would be worth speaking to your pharmacist about whether this might be the cause of your problems.