Muscle ache

Click Here
When to see your doctor

As soon as you can:

  • if you are on cholesterol-lowering medication and you start getting muscle pain, tenderness or weakness
  • if you have painful muscle inflammation affecting the shoulders and upper body, usually in middle age; this could be polymyalgia rheumatica and it needs treatment.
  • if you have other symptoms as well as problems with muscle pain, or a medical condition that seems to be worsening.